This website is operated by East Huntspill Cricket Club (the Club) using Wix's products which include the club website and any Wix Club applications.
East Huntspill Cricket Club and what it does
The Club’s objective is the promotion and encouragement of cricket and kindred games and in addition to ensuring a duty of care to all members of the Club by adopting and implementing the ECB Safe Hands policy and any future versions of the policy. The club will be affiliated to the ECB. The club is committed to ensuring equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the ECB Club Inclusion and Diversity policy.
Data protection compliance
Unless stated otherwise, the Club is the data controller in respect of all personal data collected on the Club website which means that we are responsible for ensuring that we do so in full compliance with data protection and all other related privacy laws.
Links to other websites
Please note, this website may contain links to other websites (such as those of advertisers or our partners) that are not controlled by us or our service providers. These links are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for our own privacy practices and our security of the Club’s website. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website that you visit.
If you are under 18, you will either need to ask your parent or guardian to register you for the Club’s website or will need the permission of your parent or guardian before the bookings and purchases can be made. We may require your parent or guardian to confirm that they have given permission. We may ask for their contact details so that we can check that they have done so and may carry out checks to confirm that the details you have given us are correct.
The personal data we collect and its sources
In order to run the Club, participate in competition and leagues, safeguard children and players we will obtain details including:
• contact details of those registering with the Club as a member, player, parent, coach, official or similar we need to collect contact details, these will include:
o email addresses
o telephone numbers
o address and postcode
o date of birth
o country of birth
o medical data
• contact details of those booking the Club facilities in order to deliver the services required, these will include:
o email addresses
o telephone numbers
o address and postcode
Where we obtain information
In most cases, we will obtain information directly from you (or from someone who requests goods or services for you on your behalf) or the device you use to communicate with us. The information will be obtained through the Club website, telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications.
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and to consent to its use on their behalf, before doing so.
In order to understand how users use the Club website and the things they are interested in, your Internet Protocol addresses (also known as IP addresses) may be collected by Wix. Your IP address is a unique address that computer devices (such as PCs, tablets and smartphones) use to identify themselves and in order to communicate with other devices in the network.
In common with many other website operators, the Club website may use standard technology called 'cookies'. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate ECB Websites on each visit.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies from being stored. With experience, you can usually choose to switch off all cookies or to allow only certain ‘trusted’ sites to place cookies.
PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU DO TURN COOKIES OFF, THIS WILL LIMIT THE SERVICE THAT WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE TO YOU AND MAY AFFECT YOUR USER EXPERIENCE
How we will use your information
We use personal data for:
• notification of news articles and match reports.
Consent and lawful processing of personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
• for administration and service delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
• for dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent or, in serious cases that it is in your vital interests to help you
• for direct marketing: that you have given your consent
• for equality and inclusion: that you have given your explicit consent by answering the question
• in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to encourage participation in cricket and this does not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
From time to time the Club may undertake market research to understand the needs and requirements of its members. Under the General Data Protection Regulation, this research can be undertaken without the specific opt-in consent of members. If market research is undertaken members will be given the option of opting out of future research.
Disclosing your Personal Information
Preferences / Subscribe / Unsubscribe
You and any other person whose information you have provided to us can change your/their mind about whether you wish to receive details of offers and opportunities at any time by using any of the methods shown below (see the section ‘How to contact us’ below) or by following the instructions with each offer you/they receive.
Your personal data will be stored on Wix secure servers. For more information about Wix's data security please visit their website.
In addition, personal data is stored on secure cloud-based services such as Google Drive. These allow us to manage club membership. Such data can only be accessed by designated officers of the Club and are password protected to safeguard information. We have procedures in place to ensure personal data is protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage.
We only use third-party service providers where we are satisfied that they provide adequate security for your personal data.
Privacy laws and practice are constantly developing and we aim to meet high standards. Our policies and procedures are, therefore, under continual review. We may, from time to time, update our security and privacy policies. If we want to make any significant changes in how we will use your personal data we will contact you directly and, if required, seek your consent.
We will ensure the Club website has our most up to date policy and suggest that you visit our privacy pages periodically to review our latest version.
Updating and correcting your personal data
You may update or correct your personal information online in relevant membership areas or by contacting us in writing or by email (see the section ‘How to contact us’ below). Please include your name, address and/or email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
If you are providing updates or corrections about another person, we may require you to provide us with proof that you are authorised to provide that information to us.
You have a number of legal rights in respect of your personal data. These include:
The right to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. The same right applies to any other person whose personal data you provide to us. We will require proof of identity and proof of authority if the request comes from someone other than the person whose data we are asked to provide. This will ensure we only provide information to the correct person. We normally expect to respond to requests within 28 days of receiving them:
• withdraw consent to direct marketing. You can exercise this right at any time and can update your preferences yourself or ask us to do it for you. See section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details
• withdraw consent to other processing. Where the only legal basis for our processing your personal data is that we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent to that processing at any time and we will have to stop processing your personal data. Please note, this will only affect a new activity and does not mean that processing carried out before you withdrew your consent is unlawful.
If you consider any of your personal data is inaccurate, you can correct it yourself or ask us to do it for you (see section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details)
• In limited circumstances you may be able to require us to restrict our processing of your personal data. For example, if you consider what we hold is inaccurate and we disagree, the processing may be restricted until the accuracy has been verified
• In some circumstances, for example, where we have no legal basis for retaining your personal data, you may be entitled to require us to delete your personal data
• Where our processing is based on it being in our legitimate interests, your rights and freedoms, based on your particular situation, may enable you to object to our processing
• Where you have provided personal data to us electronically, you may be entitled to require us to provide that data to you electronically or to transmit it to another organisation.
How to contact us
East Huntspill Cricket Club
East Huntspill, Highbridge